Terms and Conditions
This web site is owned and operated by iLawyer, Inc. ("iLawyer"). All information on this Web site may be used solely under the following terms and conditions:
- Purpose. The purpose of this Web site is to provide lawyer referrals to individuals seeking legal counsel through affiliated Bar Association Lawyer Referral Services ("affiliated Bar Associations"). The site also contains legal information intended to give the user a general understanding of the law. This site does not provide legal advice. Because the law is constantly changing and varies by jurisdiction, the user is urged to consult professional legal counsel in his or her jurisdiction with respect to any specific legal problem. You agree to consult with an attorney before relying on any information provided on this web site. This web site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice.
- Representation. iLawyer, through affiliated Bar Associations, operates as an online referral service of attorneys to clients seeking representation. iLawyer and affiliated Bar Associations do not provide legal advice and cannot represent you. Furthermore, no attorney to whom you are referred by an affiliated Bar Association represents you until that attorney has accepted representation in writing.
- Conflicts of Interest. Conflicts of interest may prevent an attorney to whom you are referred from representing you. You agree to obtain the consent of the attorney before submitting data to the attorney. Unless the attorney acknowledges reviewing data you submit, you agree that the attorney will be presumed to have no knowledge of your confidential information. Furthermore, you agree to waive any conflict of interest that might prevent the attorney from representing a third party caused by your submission of confidential information to the attorney without the attorney's written consent.
- Confidentiality. iLawyer takes every reasonable precaution to protect the security of your confidential data, including, but not limited to, the use of the SSL encription protocol, but iLawyer, its affiliated Bar Associations, and attorneys to whom you are referred, do not guarantee the security of your confidential data. iLawyer, its affiliated Bar Associations, and attorneys to whom you are referred will maintain the confidentiality of your data, but, just as law firms cannot guarantee the security of paper files, iLawyer, its affiliated Bar Associations, and attorneys to whom you are referred cannot guarantee the security of your electronic data. You agree not to enter any data on this web site that would cause harm to you or your business if the information were illicitly obtained.
- Limited Warranty and Disclaimer of Warranties. ALL LEGAL INFORMATION IS PROVIDED AS IS. ILAWYER AND AFFILIATED BAR ASSOCIATIONS MAKE NO EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR ARISING FROM A COURSE OF DEALING, TRADE USAGE OR TRADE PRACTICE. Laws and regulations constantly change. iLawyer and affiliated Bar Associations make no guarantees or warranties that legal information is current. You must consult with an attorney instead of relying on legal information in this web site.
- Limitation of Liability. In no event will iLawyer and affiliated Bar Associations be liable for any lost revenue, profit or data, or for special, indirect, consequential, incidental, or punitive damages however caused and regardless of the theory of liability arising out of the use of or inability to use this web site even if iLawyer and affiliated Bar Associations have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- Choice of Law and Forum. Any action related to this Agreement will be governed by California law and controlling U.S. federal law. Any legal action brought concerning this Agreement or any dispute hereunder shall be brought only in the courts of the State of California, in the City and County of San Francisco or in the federal courts located in such state and county. Both parties submit to venue and jurisdiction in these courts.
- Entire Agreement; Severability. These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement with respect to your access to and use of this Web site. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is unlawful, void or unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from the remaining provisions and shall not affect their validity and enforceability.
- Changes to Terms and Conditions. This Web site and these Terms and Conditions may be changed by iLawyer with or without notice. Please review this page regularly for changes. Continued use of this Web site following any change constitutes your acceptance of the change.
- IF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED HERE ARE NOT FULLY ACCEPTABLE, YOU MUST IMMEDIATELY TERMINATE YOUR USE OF THIS WEB SITE.
- Copyright and Service Marks. All material on this web site, including the underlying source HTML are protected by copyright law. iLawyer and iLawyer Network are registered trademarks of The Association of the Bar of the City of New York. Nothing contained on this Web site should be construed as granting any license or right to use any service mark displayed on this Website without the express written permission of The Association of the Bar of the City of New York.